Mango Goat Cheese Salad w. Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
This is one of my all-time favorite salads…. EVER. It might be because it includes mangos and goat cheese, two of my top 5 things to eat, but I swear this salad is fantastic and a crowd pleasure. Something about the sweetness of the mango combined with the smooth soft flavor of the cheese and then topped with the tartness of the dressing just creates this explosion of yummy goodness in your belly.
For the dressing I use one of my household staples: Stone Ground Mustard. This is something I believe you should always have on hand for dressing and marinades. I find that regular mustard doesn’t compare. In my case I seem to always forget that I have the mustard, so I end up buying more. Now I have three full containers sitting in my cupboard (I believe I have developed this habit from my father’s obsession with always buying French dressing whenever at the market, so yeah… thanks dad).
Serving Size: 2-3 people; Under $10
What you’ll need:
- Salad Bowl and Tongs
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce - Chopped
- 1 Mango - Cubed
- ½ cup crumbled Goats Cheese
- 1 Avocado – cubed
- 4 Mint Leaves – Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all your ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl, taste and modify to your liking, and then set aside.
Combine all your salad ingredients into your salad bowl, add your dressing, toss well and serve.
- Pomegranate & Fig Arugula Salad w. Cinnamon Honey Balsamic Dressing (thatszogood.wordpress.com)
- Basic vinaigrette dressing (vanillaandsaffron.wordpress.com)
- A Mint and Citrus Vinaigrette (sundaysupperswithpippa.wordpress.com)
- Ready for the new school year: supper menus (neverpictureperfect.wordpress.com)